If you are in any doubt about your right to claim for public liability please contact us without obligation as we are No Win No Fee lawyers.
Public liability is a broad term that includes claims for compensation following injury that may give rise to a legal liability to pay you compensation. Here are just some circumstances where Public Liability may apply with simple examples being:
- Rental Premises – a landlord fails to maintain stairs that collapse
- Schoolyard – a school fails to supervise or instruct children undertaking a dangerous activity
- Shopping Centres, Stadiums and Private Dwellings – a spillage is left unattended for too long
- Parks and other Public Places – an obvious danger exists that was known of
- Animals – a dog bites you or a horse throws you when it was known to be wayward to the riding school but not to you
- Show Rides & Amusement Rides – a finger is caught in a securing mechanism
- Boating – a collision of two boats or a single boat accident caused by the fault of the skipper
- Aviation – boarding or exiting slippery stairs uncovered in bad weather
- Food poisoning – being served peanuts in a dish after telling the restaurant you were allergic to peanuts
- Physical assaults – any physical assault may be the subject of a civil claim for compensation
- Often people are injured visiting a friend’s or a neighbour’s home.
In most cases, insurance will cover any claim for compensation. It is rare that companies and businesses do not have insurance cover. Government Departments, Public Hospitals and the like have the State behind them. Home contents and boating policies cover most public liability claims.
Time limits apply ! If you feel that you may have an entitlement to claim compensation for a public liability type event, please contact us to discuss your matter.
We are available for home visits in Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and out to Toowoomba. We practice in QLD, NT and northern NSW.