Personal injury can be life changing. That’s because not only is there pain, but there is the possibility that you may lose function in your body.
This means that you may not be able to get full enjoyment from life, work and provide for yourself and your family, and fulfill that life that you had planned. However, you are entitled to receive money as compensation for any injury that you have received, even if you are partially at fault.
Servicing Ipswich, Brisbane and Beyond
Many people don’t know the fact that they are entitled to make a claim if they suffer due to someone else’s neglectful or deliberate act.
We are about helping people who cannot live their life to the fullest due to mental or physical injuries sustained through no fault of their own. Rather than let them endure and continue to suffer, we make them aware of the laws that support them.
Every year, over a million Australians experience a personal injury problem, with negative impacts ranging through many factors.
These include income loss or financial strain, stress-related illness, relationship breakdown and having to move home.
What is personal injury?
Personal injury is defined as:
physical and/or psychological damages to a person where someone else is at fault. That responsible party could be the driver of another vehicle, or even the vehicle that you are in, an employer, a medical or dental professional, or the owner / manager of an area open to the public.
We are personal injury lawyers with offices in Ipswich and Brisbane, servicing NSW and all of Queensland, helping injured people who have suffered:
- Motor Accidents
- Work Accidents leading to a workers compensation claim
- Medical and Dental Negligence
- Public Liability Accidents
- Mesothelioma or other Dust Disease.
Psychological injury claims
Our practice also handles claims that are psychological in nature. These claims are treated very differently to physical injuries under the work injury law in Queensland.
It is always a good idea to seek the advice of a no win no fee lawyer to make sure your psychological injury claim is lodged with the correct information that WorkCover Queensland will require.
- Bullied and suffers some depression or anxiety?
- Exposed to trauma at their work and that impacts them?
- Hurt in a work related traffic accident, and they then become afraid to drive.
Some psychological injury can fall under defamation of character or reputation. This is an area that we do not handle. However, we can refer you to a defamation lawyer for cases of slander or libel.
Superannuation access for total and permanent disability
You may want to access Superannuation, if you have suffered Total and Permanent Disability. If this is the case, then we can help you with this as well.
Why use our personal injury solicitors?
We offer the following:
- No Win – No Fee arrangements. That means you don’t pay unless and until you win.
- Your first consultation is always free. That means you don’t pay a cent for our time.
- Outlays Paid By Us: No Litigation Loans. This means we fund all disbursements for medical and expert reports.
- No charges for telephone, photocopying, facsimile, postage or other “miscellaneous” expenses. That means we don’t “nickel and dime” you with minor costs.
- Home Visits: Ipswich to Brisbane to Gold Coast to Logan to Noosa Heads on the Sunshine Coast . West to Toowoomba in Queensland and south to Byron Bay, NSW.
- No Call Centres: We offer efficient personal Service. This means that you will communicate directly with your lawyer.
- We know the laws of Queensland, New South Wales and the Commonwealth of Australia.
- 30+ years compensation law experience.
- Plain English explanations of your legal rights.
For more information, see our Personal Injury Frequently Asked Questions