The Legal Services Cost Agreement (or costs disclosure) also sets out our obligations to you. Generally these are to:
- Keep you updated of the progress of your claim
- Tell you before we incur any special or unusual expenses
- Advise you if the likely estimate of your legal costs changes.
Under any legal services arrangement, your obligations are to:
- Tell us openly and honestly everything that is relevant to your claim
- let us know of any material change in your circumstances that might impact on your claim
- Cooperate with us and do everything that we reasonably ask or advise
- Keep us as your lawyers until your claim is complete. This is especially so with a No Win-No Fee arrangement.
How much will a Legal Services Cost Agreement cost?
Before we commence work on your claim, we will explain this important issue further and you will always receive full details in writing in the form of the Legal Services Cost Agreement. This agreement itself will not cost anything.
At the end of your case, you will receive a fully itemised bill. If there is any uplift fee on a conditional costs agreement, then you will see it there.
Our Solicitor Director, Harry Day, has never had a dispute with a client over legal fees in over 30 years of practice. Our record is derived from our philosophy that law is a profession, not a business.
What if I have more cost agreement questions?
We have offices in Brisbane and Ipswich. Despite that, we pride ourselves on our service and we are also available for home visits or free consultations at a place convenient to you. That includes throughout Southeast Queensland from the Sunshine Coast down to the Gold Coast, out to Toowoomba, and even the Tweed Coast in NSW. We’re readily available on phone or email at times convenient to you, as we know people have busy days.
We practice in Queensland and northern NSW.